Sunday 17 March 2013

Grease Rehearsals 12/03/13

 In today's lesson we went over act 2 and managed to block the whole act.

 Today was always going to be a struggle with numbers because of the snow but we managed to get a decent amount of us in. However, we did our best to run all the scenes and I feel like it's starting to take shape even more. What went especially well today was the choreography in songs. For example, we had a gap at the end of the lesson where we simply went over songs and the choreography. We went over Those Magic Changes, Freddy my love, Summer Nights, You're the one that I want, Mooning and Beauty School Dropout. For these songs, the choreography is now pretty much sorted and in my opinion, the songs are the most important part of a musical- meaning that we are well on our way to putting together a really good show.

Rachel gave us clear dates for when we should be off script and what we'll be doing. For example, next week we will run Act 2 until it's perfect, the week after we will run the entire thing and from then on won't be allowed our scripts as we should have learnt all of our lines by then.

How my Character has developed:
 In Act 2, Doody's sometimes comes across as cocky and a bit rude. I spoke about this last week when Doody incinuates that he and Roger should go and beat up a geek. However, today was the first time we went over the 'Rizzo Pregnancy scare scene' and I was shocked at how heartless Doody is. He sarcastically says 'Tough Luck, Rizzo' to her which I find really horrible. I think the main point to him reacting this way is that he wants to look tough in front of his friends but I also believe that he is secretly jealous that Rizzo and Kenickie had been sleeping together- because he hasn't slept with anyone. However, I don't think Doody means this viciously because this is DOODY we're talking about- he's just easily led and influenced which often means he says things which he doesn't actually mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment