Tuesday 5 March 2013

GREASE Rehearsal 12th February

 In today's lesson we managed to block the whole of Act 1. I was pretty much off script today as I'd learnt my lines over the weekend and most of the others were starting to get more familiar with their lines too. This gave the different scenes more of a flow and the play is really starting to take place. Once everyone is off script we can really concentrate on the acting and the sooner this happens, the better. We went over the dance routines for Those Magic Changes, Freddy my Love and Mooning- the only dances we need to learn in act 1 now is We Go Together and Greased Lightening- which Sam will choreograph in the near future. I feel as if everyone is getting more confident and much more enthusiastic which is really helping the rehearsal process as it allows everyone to 'go for it' more. The 1st Act really started taking shape today. 

Character Development:
 Today I developed my character even further. Being off script allowed me to think in depth about my character choices surrounding Doody. I already knew that he was a joker and that he likes to crack jokes but something I realised today is just how much sarcasm he uses. The line 'Jeez, nice couple' is sarcastic and could come across rude. He's saying it to Rizzo and Kenickie, and of course, he looks up to Kenickie. I need to put more emphasis on the sarcasm to show that although he looks up to Kenickie, he wants to try to impress the rest of the group- he's a class clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment