Wednesday 2 January 2013

Storytelling Assessment 18/12/12

 Today we had our storytelling assessment where we had to retell a story that we had been told by an 'older' person.

 I chose to tell the story of how my Nan, was followed to school by a little puppy and ended up keeping it! The puppy stayed in her family for the next 17 years! This story was based during the war so I decided to talk about how it felt to walk past bombed houses on your walk to school despite the fact this wasn't in my nan's original story. Even though I added this bit in myself, there was a house bombed not far from where my Nan lived- she told me this story on a different occasion so I decided to merge the two together to make the story more interesting and action-filled.


 I decided to have an image projected behind me whilst I was telling the story. I did this to make it obvious what the main part of the story was- the dog. I think this worked well as it made the point of the story very clear. However, if I were to tell the story again, I would try to go into more detail and description to make the story more realistic and interesting. I felt like I almost froze when it came to the assessment as I hadn't learnt the story word by word and got 'tongue tied'. Next time I would learn the story a bit better and divide it into different sections. Then I could concentrate on each section and describe the story section by section. I could also have used language associated with elderly people to make it clearer that it was my Nan's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment