Saturday 24 November 2012

Kim- Production 21st November

In today's lesson with Kim we made mood boards! These boards are going to be used in our 'exhibition' for the Snow Queen. We had different types of material which all had variable colours and textures. My job is set so I created a mood board which shows the set through colours and textures with remind me of the 'Snow Queen.

 Here we are working:


This is my mood board. As you can see, my board is covered in white dots to show that it is snowing and all the writing is white, the colour of snow too. I focused on 3 scenes- flower garden, the woods and the castle. I cut out flowers from tissue paper. I used colours blue and purple as they are cold colours. I used tinsil to create the trees and also used a snow flake. To create the castle i used shiny silver paper for the building and blue tissue paper for the door. I also put in a 'path' of tinsel pieces to show how Gerda travels around the land of the 'Snow Queen'. I wrote down the words which first came to me when I thought of the Snow Queen and icy, winter, cold, freezing, cold as ice, frozen, castle and snowy all came to my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment