Tuesday 30 October 2012

Academy Time 24th October

 In Academy time today, I carried on helping make the trees but also decided to make some flowers for different scenes!

 To make my flowers, I used a yoghurt pot, tissue paper, thin netting, glue, tape and a green straw. First of all, you tape the green straw to the inside of the yoghurt pot. Next you cover the yoghurt pot in a coloured piece of tissue paper and tie with netting.  Then you get a different coloured tissue paper and secure the tissue paper around the yoghurt pot and straw. You then tape the different colour tissue paper around the yoghurt pot to make it look like a flower. However, after a few attempts using tape, I decided to use the glue gun to secure this last bit of tissue paper. At first, I struggled to use the glue gun but eventually found that it was quite easy to use. I found out that this last process of attaching the different coloured tissue paper is made easier if you use a glue gun and looks a lot better aesthetically.

No comments:

Post a Comment