Wednesday 29 January 2014

Bad Girls Rehearsal 28/01

In today's Rehearsal, time was spent blocking the first 3 scenes as well as individual singing sessions with Kim, our singing teacher, to go over solos and duets.

 As I didn't write an entry for last weeks rehearsal I am also going to talk about that rehearsal in this Blog entry. Last week we blocked Scene 2. Scene 2 is where the song 'I Shouldn't be Here' is in and most of the scene is sung. I was given the job of positioning everyone around the set for the scene. I decided to use the levels of and space to emphasise which characters had the most power. The most powerful characters- the Prison Guards all stand on the top blocks and look across the prisoners. The most powerful prisoners; Shell and Nikki stand at the front of the stage whilst the rest of the prisoners are spread across the rest of the stage including the lower blocks. With exception of the 2 Julies, each Prisoner walks to the front of the stage when they're singing solo parts of the song 'I Shouldn't be Here'. I started to develop my character by using a 'Masculine' and 'deeper' voice and will create a separate post for my development of the character 'Jim'.

 This week: After
blocking and choreographing the Scene 2 which is mainly singing- 'I Shouldn't be Here' in last weeks rehearsal, we started today's rehearsal in individual groups devising and blocking individual scenes which we then showed the rest of the group and were given feedback by Rachel. For example, there was a group choreographing the song 'Guardian Angel', another group choreographing 'Life of Grime' and Megan and Abi (Sylvia and Rachel) were blocking the opening scene. 

 Whilst these groups were blocking and choreographing, I went through my solo 'The Key' and my duets 'Jailcraft' and 'The Future is Bright' with Kim. On the whole, I believe the singing session went well but I do need to keep listening to certain parts of the song to ensure I know the tune and key as there were individual lines in each song which I was clueless on. What is challenging about the show's score is that the songs often change key where you least expect it so I need to work extra hard to ensure I know my songs like the back of my hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment